Welcome to your Pediatric Medical Home!
The providers and staff at North Florida Pediatrics are pleased that your family have chosen us as your Patient-Centered Medical Home. We strive to serve as your family's total resource of health and happy children.
What is a Medical Home?
The Medical Home is accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate and culturally effective care (AAP policy statement, 2002, reaffirmed 2008). As your medical home, North Florida Pediatrics is the central resource for all of your child's health care needs. You are the most important part of the health care team. We want you to participate in all aspects of your child's care.
Your Medical Home will:
- Take care of your child when he or she is sick and help you ALL stay well.
- Help you plan your child's care and/or set goals for care, now and in the future.
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment that your child needs.
- Work with you and other care providers to coordinate care.
- Provide access to evidence-based care, patient education and self management support.
What YOU can do to help:
- Be prepared to share how your child is doing.
- Write down and bring your main questions and concerns to each visit.
- Bring a list of medications and other providers that care for your child to have a complete medical record.
- Ask for help in creating and sharing a complete record of your child's care.
- Always call our office FIRST with any medical concerns.
- We are available to you 24/7/365.
You are the most important person on the health care team. Patient-centered is a way of saying that you are the focus of your own health care.